What do I do about my 11yo attitude, she thinks she knows everything?

she cusses at me, threatens to push me down stairs (Im 34 weeks pregnant) tells me if I dont let her date in 7th grade she will go behind my back and erases my questions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think it's time to remove all of her belongings from her room, don't let her go anywhere except school, and don't let her know she's getting to you. Tell her she has to earn back the things she has lost as well as your respect and you won't budge until she starts to prove it to you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh my I think you need to speak to her doctor and her school social worker. My 10 year old is a tough cookie but the threats are off the hook. I really think she needs a little intervention. Good luck!!!
    vikkinbill

Answer by vikkinbill at 9:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• is dad around to help deal w/ her since your preg & shes making threats against you & the baby? sounds like she needs some counseling.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i feel for you trust me..I have a 12 yr old boy that has an attitude problem as well..i agree..speak with her school and take everything away that she cares about
    twilkes1974

Answer by twilkes1974 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• She needs a good spanking and a long grounding. Sounds like she might be jealous of the new baby.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• taking away everything in her room and grounding her sounds good( kind of like a reform/military school setting). my mom did it to me when i was a teenager. i couldnt do nething xcept go to school. i had to come home and put on a pair of pajamas. I didnt hav nething in my room xcept a bed and a bible (not even cloths) plus i wasnt a virgin 2 gettin my ass tore up! Good luck.
    summertyme100

Answer by summertyme100 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Sounds like she may have some problems you may not be aware of. Kids act out like this for attention. Try sitting down and talking with her and find out what is bothering her. Under no circumstances would I allow my child to threaten myself or any other member of the family.
    I'm assuming she is in sixth grade and that seems a little early to be dating. You need to set forth rules and enforce them. But at the same time don't forget to praise her when she is doing something that is good. Sometimes a negative behavior can easily be corrected with praise.
    mypoohbear

Answer by mypoohbear at 1:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Your daughter appears to be very angry with you. She might feel threatened by the new baby, or any other of a number of reasons. Try and find out why she is angry. Let her know you love her, but cannot tolerate her behavior. Decide what actions will be taken for each behavior. Let your daughter know if you do this, then this will happen. Then stick to your guns. Consequences for bad behavior, and rewards for good behavior. Always, remind her after a punishment that you love her, but will not tolerate the behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I agree with anon12:49.....you need to find out what is on her mind and then let her know you care deeply for her (but that you can not allow this to continue). She sounds very disturbed by something.....maybe counseling for both of you would be a good idea. Are there a lot of changes in the home lately? You are pregnant? Are there other siblings? Is her father still around? How long has she been so hostile and threatening? Is she feeling displaced and lost? You need to look at the big picture and help your daughter. This sounds serious....not the typical know it all teen behavior.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i like the first answer. i feel bad for you cause i don't know what i would do if my 11 year old daughter spoke to me like that. i think counseling would be a good thing. my 11 year ols wouldn't ever talk to me like that. good luck.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 1:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009