Car seat question.

My hubby and I are expecting baby #2 in Feb. I wanted to know the best or safest car seat. I was also wondering what was best for my two year old as well. We want to have both carseats installed at the same time. THANKS

BabayBella

Asked by BabayBella at 9:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-12 Credits)
  • britax is the best
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I don't think there's a "best" brand. What you want to look for is a seat that will accommodate rear facing up to a high weight AND height. For example, I would never buy a Britax Roundabout (again) because my average sized 14 month old couldn't rear face in it. Also, you want something that is relatively easy to install. Yeah, a tech will install them, but ideally YOU should be able to safely install any seat you have.

I currently have two Compass True Fits. My one year old and my two year old both rear face in them. I am able to install them easily by myself, under 5 minutes each. That's better than a fancy seat I can't properly install myself, or that's difficult to work with.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's been a LONG time since I bought a carseat, but with any large purchase I find looking at the online reviews from people is very helpful. Like go to the websites of different stores and read the reviews for the seats you are considering.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My son and I both love the Graco Nautilus but it does not do rear facing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Britax is the cadillac of carseats- I recommend the Advocate CS for the baby, and the Marathon for the 2 year old.
    If you dont have that kind of money then The First Years True Fit is an AWESOME seat it runs about $180. My son is in an evenflo triumph advance, and I really love it. I paid $140, but you can catch them on sale for much cheaper....
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The best seat is the one that fits your child best, and is installed properly, and used correctly. What types of seats are you looking for? I'm going to assume an infant seat, and an convertible. In that case, I'd probably go with one of the new Graco infant seats that go to 30 lbs for the baby, and something like a MyRide or a True Fit for the 2 year old. Both seats harness to 65 lbs, and have good RF limits (myride = 40 lbs, truefit=35lbs)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2009