need a fast remedy...

. HELP!!!!!we got a dog and it brought fleas into our house. I will take any advise as to how to get rid of them from both the dog and house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pets

• V05 balsam and silk protein shampoo is safe and cheap. Wash the dog with the shampoo and soak him in the suds for as long as you can-- up to 10 minutes. much safer than flea dip. You don't want your kids around flea dip. Dip is very dangerous if you are pregnant. V05 is the only brand and the balsam and silk protein is the only formula that I know will kill fleas.

Go to the vet and get a spray for your house.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• take dog to the vet & have the house & yard sprayed
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The only thing that will grt rid of the fleas are the flea products from the vet. You can bathe and waht not but that is only a temporary fix because that will only get the fleas in the dog not the ones in the environment. Plus nothing can kill the fleas when they are still in the egg stage so you must use Advantage, Frontline or Revolution for several months. I personally keep my animals on it year round so i don't have to deal with fleas.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You DO NOT have to spray the house !! Please don't !! Advantage or Frontline will kill all the fleas within days. You can bathe now until you get it from the vet, but I promise it will amaze you how well and fast it works. We put granules around our yard to take care of them outside, but if you keep the dog inside the treatment will take care of fleas in the house. A few years ago I had a lab,2kittens, and my roommates long haired large dog and chihhuahua and fleas were everywhere- got Frontline for all and you could see the difference in 24 hours.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 10:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Frontline on the dog, and a good cheap way to deter them from the house is salt and lavender on your carpets- the salt dries the eggs, the lavender deters any more from coming in
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 2:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009