Do YOU R.S.V.P.???

I'm having a bday party for my son, turning 6yrs old this weekend. We invited about 30 kids over to the house and sent the invites out almost 2 weeks ago. We have had only about 5 R.S.V.P.'s so far. I am new to this party planning thing for kids and find it extremely rude and inconsiderate that these Moms will not even pick up the phone to let me know if their child is coming or not. I have talked to other moms who have older kids and have been through the party planning thing and they all say it is actually quite common for there to be a lack of R.S.V.P.'s. So my question to you is, are you good about R.S.V.P'ing & if not, why? Does it slip your mind? Is there anything I can do to speed up this process of getting an accurate headcount? What can I do on the invites next time?

P.S. I can't call the parents b/c I don't have a phone list for his class. I sent the invites w/ him to school for his teacher to distribute

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our 6 yr old had his first friend party, I only received 2 RSVP's. I had invited 11 boys and only 2 came. It turned out great though, they slept over and our son said it was the best birthday ever! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh and yes I RSVP,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yup, I RSVP.
    Maybe not always by phone.. but I shoot an email or IM. I let them know somehow.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i always rsvp . i hate it when parents don't. i get a class list every yr from teacher because i am homeroom mom each yr. so that helps. also if you could personalize the favors & mention that in the invites some how that will always get the moms attention to make a rsvp call so their kid wont be left out...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i always RSVP to say if i'm coming or not. its the polite thing to do. i have no idea why ppl rarely think to send a quick email, call, or even tell you in person. they arent too busy, they just dont think about it.

since you invited so many kids & have gotten so few RSVPs i would call them & ask.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I never ever rsvp and almost always show up. I know it's rude but i can never seem to get an rsvp out.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I always rsvp - in your situation you just may need to sit down and start calling....I'd also double check with you son's teacher as many schools and teachers do not allow personal party invitations to be passed out at school.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• always rsvp and call to confirm on the day of the event
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I ALWAYS RSVP. It is SO rude not to.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• yes. nobody i know rsvp's though and it is fusterating.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009