What the heck do I say then?

My MIL always talks to me about people I don't know, like I should know them. Or just says something that I honestly have no idea what to respond with but "Oh, okay" or "Oh."
"Hmm"
"That's interesting.."

And she gets offended that I don't say more! But, I don't know what to say!!

Like for instance, she said "Oh, we painted the living room, but now I think we're going to wait to light the pilot on the stove until we get finished with the kitchen."
"That'd be good. Bet you can't wait."
"Yeah, it'll finally be done."
"Yeah. Finally."
"Well, gee, thanks for being so enthusiastic!" (signs off)

Wtf. Does she want me to write a hiaku about the loveliness of painting kitchens? Grrr...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol i know what you mean. my mil talks to me about random things too. I would say just tell her look its not that im not interested in what your saying its just im not really sure what to say. lol maybe shell understand?
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Haha everybody I talk to on instant messengers know that half of my responses will be Yeah, or That's great, Cool, something to that effect. Because my friends and I chat quite often and for long periods of the time so we run out of things to say but just keep each other company online during the day while we are doing chores lol. I dont think any of my friends really care.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• lol
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 10:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• why dont you just get overly excited about it next time. especially if youre just iming and you dont have to fake enthusiam in your voice. see how she responds when you say, "oh my god! how exciting and awsome you finished painting!!!! i am so jealous!!!! i cant wait to pick new colors to paint my living room!!! and how super smart not to light the pilot light until after its dried. i would NEVER have thought about that!!!! its a good thing we obviously talk so often that i can learn from everything you do!!!! YAY!!!!"
    pandaandluna

Answer by pandaandluna at 10:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• H AHA HA, yes, write the haiku and see what she says then. That's too funny!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• haha... maybe she does! try going on and on with annoyingly repetitive and lengthy answers that are at least somewhat relevant to the conversation... like for that one....
    "yea... its good you will be done soon! i would wait to light the pilot light too... so that you don't blow up your house or something. i mean, even if it didn't blow up your house, you might catch your hair on fire lighting the thing with the fumes and all... and then you would have to pay to get a new hair style taht you may not even like... like a kid in school who just gets maid fun of when mom cuts his hair just before picture day? maybe they lit a pilot light too... so how long do you think it will take?"
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Beautiful kitchen
    Painting colors oh so gay
    New Environment

Kitchen, Living Room,
    Wonderful colors anew
    Rejoice! Be merry!

There's your Haiku for her LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2009