why does a 6 yr old girl have low self esteem

She scribbles the word "ugly" all over a doll she drew, she mentions death a lot,

proudmama_3kids

Asked by proudmama_3kids at 10:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ARE YOU A SINGLE MOMMY? DOES SHE DO THIS IN SCHOOL TOO? DO U TALK TO HER ABOUT RELIGIOUS STUFF??
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 10:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Is this something that started recently? I'm wondering if something is being said to her in school that could be causing this kind of behavior.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she's being teased at school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Oh the poor thing. Try to talk to her and ask her why she is feeling that way or doing those things. Give her lots of hugs and reassure her that you think she is beautiful and remind her that if people are mean to her, they just must not want new friends.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My DD has a problem in school with cliques, and she tells me all the time "Mia isn't my friend today because I wore polka dots/ have blue eyes/ ect.." This led to some self esteem issues. I just keep telling her that people like that are not good for friends anyway, and not to worry about them, cause she (DD) is awesome and true friends will see that.
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 2:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• keep her away from magzine, high school musical and all that other media driven bs.
    tell her god made everyone different and special
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2009