excederin and early pregnancy?

I took a couple of excederin around the first time I found out I was pregnant(hpt).
I have not taken any since. I would say that I am more than 8 weeks pregnant. I took the pills weeks ago. I have not experienced any signs of a miscarriage. I just want to know how harmful it was for me to take the dosage that I did. I took only two pills(seperate times). Thanks. Btw, I have not been to a doctor yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink as much distilled water as you can possibly do, this will help you clean up your system ,and see a doctor asap!  and Congrats!!  < :)

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 10:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Do not worry about it. The reason you are advised not to take excedrin in pregnancy is because of the bleeding risk from the aspirin in it, which is especially important closer to delivery. You should be fine. If you are truly worried about it then please call the doctor, but I am sure they will tell you everything is fine. I took excedrin at the beginning of all three of my pregnancies, before I found out I was pregnant.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Don't worry about it. I had REALLY bad headaches in the first 2 trimesters of my pregnancy and my dr recommended Excedrin.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My doc always told me if I ever took anything OTC or had an alcoholic drink or anything like that before I even found out I was pregnant, don't worry too much about it. It is usually so early and so unlikely to harm the baby, unless you go out drinking every night or take stuff several times a day every day.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• thank youwhew thanks

Anonymous

• OMG, before knowing I was pregnant the last time (which came as a bit of a surprise) all in one week I colored my hair, drank too much at a Christmas party and the next morning took Excedrin for my hangover.

I found out I was pregnant about a week later. The baby is now 26 months old and healthy as an ox.
    Anonymous