Would you stay with sister or stay in a motel?

1. I am planning to visit my family on east coast (I live on west coast). I want to show off my 12 month old dd that they've never met.

2. I stayed with my sister the last time I visited (in 2006). I haven't spoken to her in over a year.

3. I told my uncle of my plans, and he said he would call my sister to let her know I was coming with my dd, and that he would have her call me (I don't have her phone number). That was 3 days ago...no phone call from her.

4. She is a mother of three, so I know she is busy.

My question is: after reading all of this, would you opt to stay in a motel? Or would you still try to stay with her?

She and I had babies in the same month last year, so I understand if she's been buay. But if she is told that I am coming for a visit, it seems weird that she wouldn't give me a call.

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• i say stay in a hotel. hopefully yall can talk about everything and work everything out. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• she couldve been so busy that it slipped her mind.i 4get things all the time.my mom 4gets things like no 2morrow so does my sister.i would swear that we were all potheads because of such bad memory lol.but i say you get her number and give her a call.she could even possible feel ike why did my sister have some1 else call me why couldnt she call me herself you know?
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• call her and feel it out.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i say ask your uncle for her number and call her. maybe yall can work something out to where you can stay there. if you don't mind me asking why haven't you talked to her in almost a year? GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would call her myself, not rely on someone else. And I wouldn't assume I can stay with her if I haven't even asked for myself. Just get her # and call her.
    roni2911

Answer by roni2911 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• OP

We're not very close. My mom passed away in 2005, and the visit in 2006 was to spread my mom's ashes. Before my mom died, she and I very cordial to each other, but we never called each other or anything like that. I found out she was pregnant from my brother-she didn't even call to tell me. After the baby was born, she called a couple of times, but then we just stopped talking.

I want my dd to meet her and my brother and their kids. But I also have tons of relatives in the state, so it's not like the visit would be to solely visit my sister.

I wish we were closer, but we're just not. I haven't spoken to my brother in almost a year either. I don't even know where he lives, let alone his phone number. The last time he called me was last year to borrow some money.
    Anonymous

• I'd stay in a hotel.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• If she didn't invite you to stay with her I would plan to stay in a hotel.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others about staying in a hotel.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• If you can afford to stay at a motel I think for courtesy, I would stay at the motel, Even if you got there and spent one night there and then went to her house if she asked you to come stay with her.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2009