how can i get my 1 month old daughter sleep through the night?

so far now she wakes up every 3-4 hours for feedings sometimes even 2 hours i can't seem to get any sleep and on top of that after every feeding she doesn't want to sleep in her bassinet she starts crying the only way she sleeps is on my chest and i'm scare that i'm spoiling her as well i can't put her down for 1 minute she starts screaming what can i do for that??

bEbE2OO9x

Asked by bEbE2OO9x at 10:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby is a month 2.she wakes up every hr..2 hours if im lucky.the way to get sleep is 2 sleep when the baby sleeps.you cant spoil a baby for the 1st 3 months of there life.sometimes they just want to be held because they feel safe in your arms.you'll be ok trust me.its frustrating sometimes i know but you'll get through it.oh yea and on top of that i think my baby is teething so shes a lil more fussy..i never knew they could teethe at such an early age but i found out there are kids that sometimes are even born with teeth already
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You can't spoil a 1 month old. And 1 month old babies do not sleep through the night, shoot some one year olds won't sleep through the night. Welcome to Motherhood!
    Anonymous

• one month old babies don't sleep thorough the night! Of course you are losing sleep..that's part of the deal! lol They have tiny little tummies & they wake up to eat every few hours. that is just life. maybe you should read some books about child development & such. not bashing you on this, just saying that if you are more familiar with what to expect you will know.
    Anonymous

• thanx for the advice so at what age do they really sleep through the night?
    bEbE2OO9x

Answer by bEbE2OO9x at 10:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My kids slept through at 4 mo. but some kids dont till later. but on average 4 mo is usually the earliest...yeah I am sure someone is gonig to say "put cereal in the bottle" but doctors dont recommend doing that. Until they can eat more at a time they cant sleep all night because they are hungry.
    Anonymous