Which would you rather pay for with your tax dollars?

Recently I came across a survey about healthcare, where a question was asked about our tax dollars paying for abortion. One person responded that they would rather pay for abortion than tax cuts on the rich. This seemed unrelated to me, but I started thinking about it and I am just curious what all of you think. Which is more of a concern to you to bear the tax burden for, and why? I am starting to realize that some see both as huge moral issue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortions are a lot cheaper then mothers on welfare & medical assitance for years & years.
    Anonymous

• our taxes shouldn't pay for either one. why should it even be an issue? the wealthy are taxed based on their higher income... tax brackets... they make more and pay out more... an abortions are personal choices! the government should have NO RIGHT to make citizens contribute to the death of an unborn child!!! people should pay taxes on public works, roads, etc... things that THEY use... we shoudn't be socializing health care---have you seen clinics, etc as they are NOW? those are basically socialized... and they have SICK visit waiting lists months long.. so what do you do when your kid has an ear infection on Christmas? Wait until Valentines day to get antibiotics AFTER his ear drum busts? give me a break... STOP taxing us for what doesn't even affect us and have women who are selfish enough to have an abortion pay for it themselves.. "its cheaper than raising a kid". I don't put a dollar sign on a human life, thanks.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• clappingfor missbreezy!

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yes...what the 1st poster said. An abortion costs WAY LESS than a mother on welfare!
    Anonymous

• an abortion may cost way less than a mother on welfare, but keeping your legs closed is free. i'm prochoice, do not believe abortion is my way ever!...but just because i vote to keep your voice heard, doesn't mean i work to pay for your choice to abort.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Pro-choicers want the CHOICE to take a blender to their uterus then GIVE me the CHOICE NOT to pay for it!
    I have said this many times you know when you go to get your taxes done they ask you if you want to donate to your local rich arse...oops I mean politician? Why not ask if I want to donate to cancer research ,HIV/AIDS research or donate to an adoption agency. I will GLADLY donate an extra to those causes instead of abortion.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Since abortions are cheaper then welfare should we force women on welfare to get abortions? So only rich people should reproduce...is that what you are saying?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I support the Fair Tax....EVERYONE pays either a flat rate or a "sliding scale" proportionate amount of their income....ie: 10%, which if you make $18,000 per year, would equate to $1800, and if you make $100,000 per year would be $10,000.

See, when EVERYONE has to pay an income tax (or a tax on their government subsidies) and then has a voice in how their precious tax money is spent and where it goes, suddenly you'll have people taking ownership of their resources and questioning the government, as it SHOULD be!

Right now, those who pay very little or NO income tax, could care less who else has to pay for their subsidies. But, turning the tables, so to speak, I think would fire those people up! Which is a very needed, and good thing! :o)

I call it the common sense approach to "redistributing wealth!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• an abortion may cost way less than a mother on welfare

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I do not approve of paying for either, thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have never understood why they say tax the rich. In many areas 150K is not rich, its average, It all depends on where you live and how much housing costs. Since taxes pay for our common resources and social programs why do those that make so much more, pay so much more.... why do they pay more to drive on a public street or send their kid to public school than someone else.....we already have distribution of wealth...the whole tax the rich is a myth- the income they use is too low-!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009