Am I insane to want to get preg. again?

I have a 3 1/2 year old, a 29 month old and a 8 month old. We talked about a 4th. I am a full time dental hygienist. Am I crazy to want a 4th... or should I keep with my three. I think to have an even number would be better, then no middle child syndrome. Who knows! If we have another we dont want a huge gap. Figured they may as well all be close!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• 20 month old, not 29 month old... sorry!
    Anonymous

• Children are a blessing but I would wait at least a year. I bet you have your hands full?
    Anonymous

• YES!!!

Anonymous

• Yes... hands are full and we want oldest potty trained.... I feel that will be the thing that will keep us holding off. I do not need 4 in diapers. Trust me we have been trying to get oldest trained, she just doesn't want trained.
    Anonymous

• When are you going to see them? Four and working full time is a lot.
    Anonymous

• i know that for me, i know that with every child, you take time and attention away from the children you already have. i wouldnt have child after child just for the novelty of it. yes, children are a blessing, but if you have ten kids, you wont ever see how much of a blessing each one of those children are. especially when you already work full time. its impossible to give the same kind of affection and attention to four, five, six kids as you could with three, or two.
    pandaandluna

Answer by pandaandluna at 10:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well I will probably cut back to part-time... right now I am 3/4 days... but considered full-time.
    Anonymous

• It is a thought I been pondering... but yet not sure cause I am not sure I can be a stay home mommy completely. No offense to mommies that are... I'd need to work at least 2 days I think.
    Anonymous

• still doesnt change the fact that you divide yourself more and more amongst your kids. and i already now i want to give my kids more of my self than just a tiny sliver. thats why im not having 6 kids like my mom did. lol. my youngest sister is 4 and my mom still tells me today that she is sorry she cant give more of herself to me and her grandchild because she is still a new mom. again. :) good luck deciding.
    pandaandluna

Answer by pandaandluna at 11:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• and the pie of yourself isnt just divided amongst the kids either. ittaken up of your husband, your parents, your kids, the time you have to spend on your house, and then work. etc. etc.
    pandaandluna

Answer by pandaandluna at 11:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2009