Could I be pregnant again or just irregular?

I had a baby about 2 and a half months ago. The doctor gave me birth control, but I haven't started it yet. My husband asumed since I got it, that I had already started taking the pill and lets just say we had an "oops" 2 weeks after my cycle. I know this is about the time we typically ovulate too. Double oops. I've had one normal cycle since I gave birth, and this month I'm 5 days late. Could I just be irregular because of the pregnancy, or should I start saving all my daughters baby clothes for #2...? I also know you are super fertile after pregnacy so I'm kind of worried. I would appreciate anyones ideas and input. Thanks in advance.

ArmyMommy89

Asked by ArmyMommy89 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i started my period after i had my son, the first cycle was like 45 days, then 40 days, then 35 days, then 30 days. i think it's kind of normal to have irregular cycles after you have a baby. but pregnancy is also possible.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• go take a test...if you are 5 days late, it will be a positive if you are pregnant...which is a good possibility.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009