How do you feel about having only one child??

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 11:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• first question at the top of the list when I visited this section and it's interesting. What an odd question to ask. I only have one child myself and just recently started to feel as if I would like another.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i have one child...so far..... I will see where time takes us. SO and I are happy with one child for now, but I really would like him to have a sibling someday. but it might not work out. I'd ideally like to go back to work when he's in pre-k, but thats also the ideal age I'd like to ttc...so we'll see where our path will lead!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i loved having one child and i had planned on having one child until they were like ten. but now im pregnant again and i love that im having another one now. even though its sooo not what i had planned.
    pandaandluna

Answer by pandaandluna at 11:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Its all good.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I love having an only child. My son is 3.5 years old and we are in no hurry to have another child. At this point we are not having anymore. I like our family of three and the time we get to spend together.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• we love our one little guy... its hard to imagine loving another as much as this one... and thinking about going through another first year is crazy! (sleep deprivation, mostly!) But, maybe in a couple years we might consider another... i would like my little guy to have a little brother to rough house with... but its all up to God! I have an IUD right now so it isn't like a spur of the moment ill stop taking BC... which is good b/c right now we can only afford one!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I LOVE having one child. He is my life and I wouldn't change that for the world. I enjoy being able to concentrate all my time on him and his interests, we can do so much together because it is just the 2 of us. We have a close relationship and share interests. We bowl together on a Jr/Adult league and have a blast. I could not imagine having another one, there is just some things that I would not have been able to give or do with my son if I had more kids. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but don't really want anymore. If it does happen, I will be fine but I am not doing so on purpose.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It feels heartbreaking for me. My hubby and I have been trying for 15 months for baby number 2 and I'm beginning to fear that it won't happen for us. I love my daughter to death, but I really wanted another child or two.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• We only wanted one... We have two. I wouldn't give up my son now that he's here, but if we could go back, we would have made sure we didn't have a second... I think if you want a child, that's fine. But there is really no reason for more than one. One gives you an heir... That's all you need.
    Anonymous

• I had one child then I wanted another
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2009