What do you Mommas do when you just feel overwhelmed with the kids and need to get house stuff done?

Cleaning house when your kids are home during the summer.

mikeysmom989

Asked by mikeysmom989 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Honestly I just do it and do my best to "include" the kids. I've cranked up the tunes, their favorite tunes (Old McDonald) and away we go, I've also have done cleaning games like set the timer and see how much we can do or freeze with CD: work when the CD is on, but freeze when it stops. I've even let them mop the floors by skating in a pair of old mismatch socks. Good Luck.

I've found with my kids if I'm working with them and we are working together they are willing to help. If I try to do something on the PC or watch TV while they are working...I get back lash and whining about how they HAVE to do everything and often they just sit there and do nothing.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i just try to do my best. thats all you could do. sometimes it gets done and sometimes it doesnt. its hard. i do alittle at a time. laundry really piles up though. today i vacumed and made beds swept floors and the work just doesn't seem to ever get done.they mess while i clean. i try to do everything first thing in the morning while their eating breakfast and playing. i like my husband to think that i'm able to multi-task too, coz i know he has a hard time.
    cusina48

Answer by cusina48 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I call my homeopathic doctor and ask for a remedy that helps with stress and helps me get thru it all. It's called Calc Carb.
    Works great and is all natural. Eileen
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 1:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I send them to grammas!!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I send mine to nana and papa also. Or I just don't do it. I used to freak if my house wasn't clean an dI only have one. She is learning to clean up after herself but sometimes dishes get left or laundry doesn't get put away, oh well it will get done eventually. If it gets too bad I finish the day up with her ,pour a glass of wine and put my feet up, there's always tomorrow!!!
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I try to include the kids but if that fails I send them out with the threat if they come in for anything they are going to clean, they usually come in for potty breaks and sometimes a drink, they are permitted excuses...lol
    L.R.I.Ma

Answer by L.R.I.Ma at 4:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I either send them off to my in-laws or if they are not home, the kids get sent downstairs and are told to watch movies until I am done cleaning!!
    jorrensmom

Answer by jorrensmom at 10:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008