How to get ink out of jeans?

I just ruined a good pair of jeans by having a pen that leaked in my back pocket.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• hairspray should take care of it... spray it very will with hairspray... wait for a few mins, and rinse it out... repeat a few times if necessary, then wash it... check to see if the stain is still there before you put the jeans in the dryer, b/c once its in the dryer the stain is there for good. Good luck!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• GET SOME HAND CLEANER THAT A MAN USES , THE NAME OF IT IS FAST ORANG AND IT SMELLS LIKE ORANG AND PUT SOME ON THE INK SPOT AND IT WORKS FOR ME U CAN GET SOME AT WALMART AT THE AUTO STUFF OR AUTO ZONE . I KEEP IT BY MY WASHER ! ! GOOD LUCK ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You can also use a Magic Eraser to rub it out.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I always used hairspray. I think the second pp was referring to "Goop" which should work, too. Luckily, haven't had to either in a while and the kids don't use pens at school yet.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I use areosol hairspray. Like the pp said spray, rinse and repeat.?Wash but check it before you toss in the dryer.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 9:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have had good luck with Clorox Color Safe Bleach rubbed on the stain. That stuff takes everything out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• rubbing alcohol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• also germ-x will I did the same thing and that got it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2009