MY 6yr old son is having pee pee problems

Twice in about a month my 6yr son has complained that he couldn't go pee even when he wanted to, The 1st time it wasn't a big deal, he went a little later and didn't say nothing else but tonight he had to go and it wouldn't come out for awhile and he was screaming and hollering for help and finally he went, is this a sign of a uti or something

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Could be a UTI, I would take him to see a doctor just to make sure there isn't anything physical going on. Would he have another reason to not go? I remember after we watched the movie IT when we were way too young because our babysitter wasn't really paying attention, my sister wouldn't go to the bathroom by herself for like a month. I mean, has something happened that would make him scared to go on a psychological level? Maybe he dropped the toilet seat on himself, or missed the bowl and peed on his pants. These are all stretches I understand, but children react to things illogically.
    Anonymous

• no, nothing traumatic, i know when my brother was about his age is opening to his penis started to close and he had to have surgery so maybe that's what's happening to him, my oldest had a similar problem but the doctor's just told me to use Vaseline and see what happens..thank you for you input on the matter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009