I just had my baby boy sat. Oct 3rd : ) but I feel bad for my 2 yr old as if he's sad & I'm taking time away from him, I feel guilty but I have been including him in everything anyone else feel this guilt with baby #2 ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I understand this is hard but have u had any alone time w/ him? Maybe that's what he needs.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• YES been there and hated seeing that way. What I did was when I held or fed the baby I would call him over and give him hugs and kisses and told him I love him, when the baby was sleeping I would sit him on my lap and talk to him and smother him with loves my baby is 11 months old now and I still do that I hold both of them at the same time when I'm sitting down.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I havent even had baby #2 & I already feel guilt. I keep thinking......shes going to feel lost & all the family members arent going to pay very much attention to her anymore. (Like grandparents) I just dont want her to feel less loved when this baby comes. I actually get really upset & cry when I think of it! lol But I think thats mostly pregnancy hormones.
    I dont have any suggestions on how to make the transition easier for them...........I was thinking about talking to DD's pediatrician about ways to make it easier.
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 10:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am in the same boat as MelaniesMama. I'm almost due to have my 2nd baby and my son is two years old also. I'm VERY scared that my son will feel left out too. I have been told that if you help include them into things with the baby and have time with just you & them, that will make it easier. I wish you luck and hope everything goes good with your little ones =).
    Jacki88

Answer by Jacki88 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2009