What will the attorney general say about visitation right? Like whats going to happen?

I know that my daughter's father has rights, he signed the paternity papers, and birth certificate. Its just that he is doing everything in his power to hurt me, not even thinking of my baby. We are scheduled to meet with the attorney general soon. My daughter is 5 months old, she is strictly breastfed, I plan to continue breastfeeding till she is at least 1. She has never been with him and his family without me. As of right now him and his family come 3 days a week for an hour & half. We have had so much battling with me & my family vs him & his family. When I filled out the papers to the attorney general I asked for supervised visits. I wouldnt want it to just be his parents either. ( when I was 5 months pregnant he tried to commit suicide & totaled his car, then a few months later received a P.I. ) I do not trust him at all. what Im asking is what will he legally get as visitation? And will the A.G. honor my wishes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Many times they will make him work out a schedule around her breastfeeding schedule. It will keep him from taking her from hours and hours or over night, but it won't stop him from giving her formula (and I can almost promise you that he will, unless you send frozen breastmilk and maybe even then just to one up you).

Unless you can prove that he's a danger to himself or your baby he will probably get unsupervised visits, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Sad as it is, the government believes that just because a guy got off inside a women it makes him a parent...a good one at that. You often need really great substantial evidence that your child will be in harms way with unsupervised visits...good luck, I hope that this does not happen for your case. Nobody can really tell you what will happen b/c it varies from state to state, situation to situation, judge to judge....a very liberal judge may say he can take your baby for an entire weekend...and some judges in my state are more like, well, if mom is breastfeeding then you can see your child in a few years, oh well....so it just depends, hopefully the fact that this guy sounds very unfit for parenting a needy baby( does he even realize how much are a baby requires, or does he just plan to give baby over to his family to take care of just to hurt you?)will override his rights.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• sorry I type way to carelessly and fast, i meant to say how much CARE a baby requires. Most men do not understand it. Not even married men who help out, they still dont do it all or have a clue what it is like.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The attorney general? This is not usually an AG case....

That aside...get a note from the doc about the importance of breastfeeding your child. And is there documentation of the suicide attempt? BRING THAT. It could put the kibosh on him EVER getting solo visitation.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I dont have documentation of the suicide attempt, but the hospital does. I also have all the texts messages, and im taking those as evidence.

And he just wants to show her off. He has absolutely no clue how to take care of her. One day he said he wanted to take her out & i said no she needs me & you have no clue how to take care of her. and he said " I know, thats what i have my mom for ".
    that just made me so mad because I have to give my baby over to him who is then going to give her to his mom.
    Anonymous