How to go about getting housing on base in Kaiserslautern, Germany

I have just found out today that we are going to be stationed to Kaiserslautern, Germany. I have been trying to find the web site that info on how to sign-up for on post housing and I can not find it all. We are not going to be stationed there till August of next year, but I just don't know how long a wait list nor do I know how to get the website to let me sign-up. I am wondering how the community on post houseing is and if the schools on base are way better than off post schools.

armywife88mike

Asked by armywife88mike at 12:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Doesn't the military give you that information?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My dad was stationed there a long time ago! I was born in Stuttgart. Go to the housing office where you are now. They should have the info. You probably can't get on the list until you get there and he signs in. IDK how it works in Germany. We had to actually GET to Hawaii before we could get on the list. I think, that was in 1997. SOMEONE should be able to get you the housing office phone number, and you can just call.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I went here on base and they told me to get on ONESTOP.ARMY.MIL and that will help me out. So, I had emailed them over there in the housinf department and of course, I have NOT gotten a reply. And the ARMY really doesn't give you much info on anything, really. I would really hate to get there and be stuck at not having a house. We had to live in 2 hotels when we moved here in El Paso. I just don't want to do that to my kids again. Thank you for your answers. I will just have to figure out something. Thank you
    armywife88mike

Answer by armywife88mike at 11:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2009