biting and pinching 13mo

My son is 13 months old and recently started biting things.. not people thankfully. We have a metal and stone coffee table and end table in our livingroom and he keeps trying to bite them. He also has been grinding his teeth. Other than that, he started pinching.. I don't think he's doing it on purpose.. usually it's when he's off in lala land or watching something intently.. I would like to get him to stop these..

With the biting and grinding teeth, I have been giving him something to chew on.. animal cracker and such..

Any other tips?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 12:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son started grinding his teeth a month or two ago too (he's also 13 mos). Drove me BONKERS! I just gave him toys or a teether to chew on. He also kind of started biting things. I would put my finger up to his lips, move his mough off of the object he was biting or trying to bite, and say in a firm tone "no bite!" He doesn't really do either one much any more.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My 16mos old used to grind his teeth. I think they're fascinated by it and want to see what else they can do w/ their teeth. He bites the arm from a wooden chair. Has scratched off the paint!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2009