Abortion

I know im gonna get alot of bad comments, so I have 2 kids under 3 and is in my early 20s anyways I recently broke up with my boyfriend him and i was living together now i found out i am pregnant, do have a PO against him. But anyways and got offered a promotion at work. I cant really have a baby right now.
Im really trying to come to terms with this abortion thing.. I dont believe in abortions but i dont believe that having this baby will do anything but make my kids life harder then it already is.
anyone been in my shoes and have some advice to give.. DONT BASH PLEASE.. Not asking how u feel about abortions..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So what is your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have a friend who had a abortion two years ago and still regrets it. ?Really think about it before you do it. Not tell u what to do just think about it. Will u be able to live with this for the rest of your life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I haven't been in your shoes- but I think that it would be a very hard decision to make. If you have just been promoted and are newly pregnant- you will have 7-8 months of work under your belt before you need to take leave. Most jobs are required by law to provide a woman with maternity leave (if it is full time, etc.)
    Kids are able to adapt pretty well. What may seem like a very difficlut and unfair situation (tight money, not so fancy new toys, etc) doesn't really effect kids.
    With already having children, I think it would be more difficult to have an abortion- after witnessing the miracle of life first hand, I couldnt even begin to imagine taking one away.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Your job can't deny you a promotion based on the pregnancy and you don't even have to mention it. It's maybe not the ideal time for you to have another baby, but it's not the worst time either. You're doing well on your own, getting a promotion at work means more money. And I can tell you from personal experience that children don't know they're going without. My family was PPOORRRR... and I never knew it until I got older. I was happy. Kids don't need THINGS to be happy. And I was always happy to have another sibling :)

Yes, life will be harder. But you can do it. You will not love this child any less than you love your others. If you don't believe in abortion then you can't do this. You can rise above and become a better and stronger person through this tribulation.

*hugs* If you want to talk to someone who won't judge you can PM me.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Well, I'm all about choice... but I, for one, couldn't live with myself. I know.... I went as far as having the appt set up once... I just couldn't go through with it... and everything worked out just fine.

If I were in your shoes, I think adoption would be my choice. Plus, you never know what the future holds..... 3, 4, 6, 8 months from now may look TOTALLY different than it does now. That was my case --- if I'd gone through with it ... knowing what I know now... it would've eaten me up for life. I mean, if you went through with it... then woke up 6 mos from now & hit the lotto or whatever it is that would make having this baby oka --- could ya live with that?

If you could... then ok... I know I couldn't... and at least with considering adoption, you've got til the baby's born to make your final decision.

G'luck - whatever you feel is right

*hugs*
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• OP here....

I am a contractor which means if i dont work i dont get paid.. and due to my line of work i could not take my promotion if i was pregnant, high risk job. Did see my x and it was a big fight at a bar cause he does not have kids nor does he want any... and i was on the pill when i got pregnant.. i have a one year old and two year old just feel like as a single mom i couldnt handle another baby its so hard right now as it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'll preface this by saying that I am pro-choice.

However, I think abortion is a terrible, vile, heartless thing to do to an unborn baby. This little being in your body did nothing to deserve being killed. I can understand that you can not handle another baby. That is perfectly reasonable given your situation. But there are options out there. There are so many people that would be willing to do an adoption with you and in some cases even pay for your medical care while you are carrying the baby.

Take time to really think it through. You could really end up doing something that will haunt you for the rest of your life.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• what abouit adoption? i know you said the pregnancy would prevent you from taking the promotion, but if you found an adoptive couple, they may even help w your medical stuff. i understand your feeling that you may not be able to handle anothr baby, that would be alot for anyone to deal w. BUT, why would you be willing to compromise what you believe in, because of some temporary set backs? you have other options here. there are tons of people out there that would LOVE to have your baby.

iv heard women considering abortion say that they could never give thier baby up for adoption, and that makes NO sense to me. why would it be better to kill your baby? think sbout ALLL of your options before making any decision. whatever you decide will be life changing, and you need to be prepared to deal w the fall out.

good luck,
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• honestly if you can do the deed then you can raise that baby! your strong youll manage cant be as worse as it is now adding another to the mix be smart next time cover up or put sumthn on yourself many girls these days find abortion because they dont want to deal with the guilt but i think getting an abortion you will live with that guilt for the rest of your life i think u should have that baby then tie them up save everyone and yoursefl going through this again good luck makea good choice think of that baby not yourself!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think this is a decision you need to really think about. It's not going to be an easy one. Just be sure that you are 100% sure if you do decide to have an abortion. I think abortion is up to the woman, and it's no one place to judge them, but I do not think I could ever do it. You have to do what you feel is best, and in the long run you are the one who is going to have to deal with it. Just ignore everyone telling you how horrible it is, and look into your heart. You will find the right answer, one way or another. Good luck.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2009