no appetite.

I am about 18 weeks pregnant and have absolutely no appetite. I am not nauseaus- it is just that no food appeals to me. I force myself to eat- but don't ever really enjoy it. Anyone have similar problems?
Also, I don't ever want to shower. I have been going 2 days in between one (I wash my face/brush my teeth/use deoderant/fresh clothes) so i'm not all nasty- I am just sooo lazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The lack of energy could be from the lack of appetite. If you aren't hungry, you may not be eating enough even if you force yourself to eat. Make sure to take your vitamins, get lots of rest, and make sure you eat several small meals and snacks throughout the day.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was like this with my son. I would drink the calorie drinks to make sure i was gettinge veyrthing i needed
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I didn't have an appetite during this last pregnancy. Usually I am eating like a trucker and stuffing myself with desserts. I tried my best to eat some at every meal, but it was only a couple of bites sometimes. Don't try and stuff yourself. Just eat a little something, so that you can get some nourishment b/c your baby will take what it needs from you and you get the rest. That might be the cause of your lack of energy,too.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009