Go To SLEEP!!!

My son, who used to be an excellent sleeper has recently began to wake in the middle of the night and crawl into bed with my husband and I. He won't go to sleep for naps very easily and flat out refuses to go to bed at night (he fell asleep 30 minutes ago...)
Any suggestions to help my 2 year old return to his previous, wonderful sleep patterns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. And take a large dose of patience. He's quite normal. Sleep patterns change...loads. You will experience that sooner or later!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Ms. Pantley has two versions of the book one for infant and older babies and one for toddlers and preschoolers. They are both very very good. Has something changed recently in your house or routine, new friends,new skills learned, teething, even if your or your DH's work schedule has changed, anyhting.
    yeaigot4ofem

Answer by yeaigot4ofem at 1:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I feel for you, my husband recently left on a deployment and my son has started waking up at all hours of the night screaming and he'll refuse to go back to sleep unless I am in his room with him. I'm afraid his seperation issues have come back. I try to be firm but kind about it, I'll sit on the chair next to his bed and lie down for a few minutes until he calms down and then tell him I love him and that everything is okay and then I'll leave and sometimes he'll go back to sleep. Maybe you shoulod just try returning him to his bed everytime he gets into yours? I'm not sure my son never slept with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2009