Whats a good age to start feeding your babie solid foods?

My family is basically telling me to start feeding my 6 month old baby solid foods, which I'm unsure how I actually feel about that. But what kinds of solids do I feed him? He eats baby food already, of course but what kinds of SOLIDS do you feed a 6 month old? =/

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Solids are anything that isn't breastmilk or fomrula. So tell the family you ARE feeding solids.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Baby food IS solid food.

He can have cooked carrots, bananas, other fresh fruits (but not strawberries... they're highly allergenic). taht sort of thing.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• you can give mashpotatos bananas carrots cooked n soft and thing to that effect small soft so they can numb-gum it and the love finger foods on the tray to grab and feel
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i started giving my son baby food/solid food when he was 4 months i just replaced a bottle a day, now he eats nothing but solid food and only takes a bottle when it is time for a nap or bed
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my son is 7 months old and started eating solids at about 5 months. he loves avocado and banana mashed together, stewed apple and pear and mashed vegies eg potato, pumpkin, zucchini, brocoli etc. we have also started introducing small amounts of pasta and cous cous to his meals to fill him up. a great food we have found helps with teething is to peel and de seed a cuccumber so it looks like a doughnut and freeze it. my little fella loves them as they sooth his gums but also introduce finger food at the sametime. hope this helps :)
    rebekah238

Answer by rebekah238 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009