Can an orthopedic dr mis read an xray?

on monday my dd ran into the coner of the wall. (I know she is clumsy) anyway I think her to the ER they did an xray and said she fractured her tibia. they gave her a knee brace and crutches told me to see my dr in the morning. I saw her dr and showed them the xray and they also agreed it was broken. Today I take her to the ortho and he says nothing is broken! WTH!!! He said she should wear the knee brace but no crutches, well she is in pain which she wasn't while she used the crutches and her knee is swollen. i want a second opinion. What do you think I should do? I am so scared that it is broken and it will get worse.

mombug

Asked by mombug at 1:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I would get another opinion.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yup. They make mistakes. Take her to another doc.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 1:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Doctors are only human and can make mistakes just like anybody else - I would get a second opinion.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yes they make mistakes. Get a second opinion.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• everyone makes mistakes. I'd ask him why he thinks it's not broken and why the others do. Most docs will gladly point out what they cought that's others didn't. He is a specialist, but he can make mistatkes too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, doctors make mistakes just like everyone else. They are human, not god or robots. If you want a second opinion, then take her to another doctor, it is your right to do so.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Any human being can make a mistake. I would go for a second opinion.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009