35 weeks pregnant

I have been having sharp pains in my vagina for almost a week. it is usually when I am walking. Sometimes it is so intense I gasp and double over. Could this be the start of dilating? Or what else could it be. Can you actually tell when you start to dilate?

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 1:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some women say they notice it~ I did not with my pregnancies.
    It might be dilating/effacing or possibly baby-uterus weight pressing down into your organs & nerves.
    You could try the Cat Stretch to see if baby will get off of the nerve, it may help.
    Good luck! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• you might be having contractions and not relizing it tell your doc the next time you go or if it gets to back call you dont wanna go into preterm labor just sit n relax n drink when it dose happen n if it still hurts time it and call the doc gl and congrats
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I had that during both pregnancies, they are not contractions. I never found a good answer to what they are but the best guess is that your baby is pressing on something and that is causing the stabbing pain.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2009