This got me thinking.....

A woman asked earlier today, if we thought it was inappropriate for her husband to take their 8 month old baby Trick or Treating. She specified that they would be with a group of people and that the baby would not be getting the candy. While most people thought there was nothing wrong with that, not everyone agreed. Some people were down right nasty about it. I guess my question is, when did people get so uptight? Who gets to decide what the Halloween rules are?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think the person handing out the candy gets to make their own rules. For me, I won't give candy out to teens who are not dressed up. When a kid walks up to my door in jeans and a T shirt with a pillowcase in one hand and a cigarette in the other (actually happened) then I'm not handing out candy.

Otherwise, I'll give out candy to anyone once.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I like your answer toriandgrace. If some one puts some effort into their costume, they deserve a little treat!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i think its stupid people are so uptight about that. its freaking halloween.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was thinkin the exact same thing earlier today when shoppin for my 11 month old son's halloween costume (he turns one on the 21st of this month) I mean my family throw a halloween party EVERY year so that is why i was buyin the costume for him but this lady gave me some crap that i am just goin overdoard cause he is still a baby!!!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I took my kids trick or treating with family last year who had a 10 month old baby they were using to get candy. Having to hear them joke about all the great candy they'd be eating later was just annoying. Halloween candy should be for kids, not a way for adults to score free candy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Why can't people just mind their own business. maybe they are giving the candy to brothers or sisters or cousins??

Anyway, its the parents decision.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think the poster of that question asked what everyone thought about it. So, doesn't that mean everyone can have their own opinions on the matter without being called "uptight"?

I personally think it's ridiculous to take a baby out at night like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Do what makes you happy, if your going to ask for an opinion that's what your going to get
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I guess I should have been more specific with the question. I've always viewed Halloween as a fun laid back holiday to be enjoyed by people of all ages. Why have people started to let it stress them out so much? Why would someone care so much about what other people are doing, as long as no one is getting hurt and people are having fun together?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't mind handing candy out to ANYBODY who was dressed up.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2009