What can I do to get my energy back?

Im 27 weeks & 5day. Lately i been feeling super tired. I have a 20month old & I just can't keep up w/her. Some times Im just In a bad mood. I know Its because of the pregnancy but, is there any thing I can do to get my energy back. Its like out of no where my energy was gone. I work full time too, so that might be the reason why i been so tired. Any suggestion would be great thanks. Oh & what do you do to relax?

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 1:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your child probably gets 12 hours of sleep/day give or take~ you should sleep then, too.
    Too bad if you never vacuum or cook homemade lasagne. Right now your health & your baby needs you to rest.
    See if you can get your SO to do the dishes, have a friend do the laundry or take your DD out so you can do the laundry... find ways to get the very minimum covered so you can care for yourself.
    And be sure your really hydrated and getting the nutrients you need!

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am in the exact same boat as you (son will be 2 in a few weeks, I am 19 weeks preg). I have started to drink coffee. Also, I don't nap durring the day unless I absolutely have to (otherwise I am up allll night long). Bringing my son to the park seems to help. It is hard to get the energy to go- but once we are there I have an easier time entertaining him than if we were at home. And I like to think that the being outside wears him out a little more.

Try to cut down your hours if you can- or perhaps work 4 10 hour days so you can get an extra full day off. Better to feel a little better than to have money, I say (at least until the bills come...)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you can, cut back on working. You need more rest when you're pregnant. Otherwise, just do what you can and don't worry about the rest. It'll get done eventually.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Im 32 weeks and boy let me tell you this pregnancy is kicking my butt! I have never been this sleepy in my life! I have finally made myself just stop and be lazy. WE had 6 kids in the house.. my little one, two step kids, and 3 foster kids. They were here for 15 months. I think all the stress and energy left me when they left my house to go be with their dad (foster kids that is) So now im back to just my three! I have took this whole wee to just nap on and off through out the day. I also went to bed at 9 and i get up at 5:30 to make hubbys lunch. Let me tell you I feel like a rock star!. Just start taking power naps and get to bed early. Take some time for yourself to be lazy. I am and it feels great. I also hear to work out while u are big and pregnant cuz its suppose to give u energy but i dont feel like it ;)
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009