Cafeteria nightmare for my 5 year old~

My daugh is afraid of a lunch teacher who mont the lunchroom. she afraid to ask 4 anything. She was not given lunch last week b/c, they ran out of hotdogs. And when some were ready, she didnt speak up and remind them. She says the assit on duty yells. And shes no longer willing to eat breakfast at school. she in kinder and has not once so far had to pull a button. shes a quiet kid. well today she came home upset b/c, she has to pull a button 4 talkn in lunchroom. The lady told her not to talk and moved her to sit alone. Im just wondering if I should say something. I have ate lunch with her 2x and noticed the women is very petty with the things shes gettin on to the kids about. I saw her do the same thing to a clasmate of hers too. should i speak up? I did let them know about the day she didnt get lunch and they apologized. But my daug didnt speak up b/c, shes intimidated by the teacher on duty......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh mamma i'd say something. Fight for your little girl... that teacher sounds mean. Good luck.
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The kids aren't allowed to talk during lunch? That sounds a little odd to me. If you personally have seen the lunch room monitor's behavior, then you should talk to someone about it. Your child should be comfortable around the people in her school. Just to clarify something, what do you mean by "Pull a Button"?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• They can only talk when their cone is up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• In my daughter class room. They have 4 colors that mean diff things. GREEN means they behave. Shes been on green until today. If u do something you have to pull a button and brings you to orange. I guess the lunch lady also told her teacher. so she had to pull a button.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would just send lunch with her then she shouldnt have to ask for anything and just sit there and eat what you sent
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you stay on green for 10 days in a row, you get to pick out of the treasure box...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yes I have tried that, she likes getting in the line for some odd reason. I feel like they are hounded by this teacher on lunch duty. I dont even know what to say, but shes mentioned the "mean lady" so much. I feel like shes stressed about goin to lunch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was a PAINFULLY shy child. Other children (and a few teachers) behaved in ways that in hindsight were totally unacceptable. It hurt me a lot as a kid to feel scared and out of control in a place that I loved (school). Talk to her teacher and get to the bottom of this cafeteria situation.

Your girl is only five. give her a break for talking in the lunch room, jeez!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Ok, been there done that. Talk with the classroom teacher and let her know what is going on. They can not expect a little 5 year old child stand up to a grown person and say "Can I have my lunch?" The person monitoring the lunch area has to be on their toes but they have to consider the children's age.  You can not treat little kindergartners the same way you would a sixth grader.  God I can not stand it when grown people scare little kids like that. You need to speak with the teacher asap. Be polite but do not let anyone intimidate you. I worked as a teachers assistant and you do not have to be mean to little kids in order to teach.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The lady is actually a library assistant. Put on lunch monti duty. Im gonna say something but, her teacher is also very passive. I want to tell someone who will actually let this women know shes out of line. I dont like that my kid was plucked and put by herself.... makes no sense. I was very nice when I let them know they didnt feed my kid. But, Im really mad that this women is just MEAN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2009