What are some healthy drink alternatives?

I am trying to kick a Pepsi habit and need to find something else to drink ... I dont like drinking bottled water and hubby says iced tea would not be much better ?

what do you drink during the day ?

TheShryocks

Asked by TheShryocks at 1:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a Mello Yello addiction, but in an effort to cut back on it and drink healthier things, this is what I drink:

Juices (orange and cranberry are my favorites, as well as apple)
    Vitamin Water (LOVE the lemonade one!)
    And I try to also keep some Crystal Lite on hand (pink lemonade is my favorite) to mix with a bottle of water

Your hubby is right, if it's sweet tea. Just plain iced tea, I'm not sure about. I don't think that would be so bad. It would be like drinking black coffee or something, I think.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Unsweetened tea is much better for you. Its the sugar that is bad for you. The tea actually is healthy & has benefits that soda does not..even if you put sugar in it, its still better for you then soda. Soda has corn syrup in it. You can at least control the amount of sugar you put in tea. Myself, I drink tea with no sugar in it. It has zero calories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I kicked my soda habit a few years ago, I drank mostly propel and then fuze, now I drink crystal light i love the to go packets and i carry a water bottle with me everywhere (a reusable water bottle) I do drink tea but I haven't noticed the weight I lost after cutting out soda coming back, Tea is a natural diuretic so while yes it has the caffeine you don't have the weight gain from the sugar unless your adding tons to it.

Vitamin water is also another fav of mine and cranberry juice.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I always got a few jugs of gatorade, and v8 as alternatives
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Gatorade is loaded with sugar, so is not healthy.

Water is healthy! You can add slices of fruit or vegetables; add a splash of juice, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I haven't had a soda in over a year. We just drink filtered water from the faucet, milk, juice, and herbal teas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• flavored waters
    muscle milk low fat of course
    herbal teas
    flavored seltzers
    packets to put in water from iced teas to lemonade. Personal size
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Mostly we drink just plain water here, but for variety we like organic juice or tea or we make our own DF fruit smoothies. As a rare treat I will sometimes get sodas from WholeFoods Market, the kind w/o the artificial colorings, flavorings, chemical preservatives & HFCS.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• juice spritzers!

add some juice to fizzy water and it's awesome!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I drink alot of Fuze, Sobe lifewater, COFFEE (You dont wanna know me if i havent had at least one cup of coffe that day! lol) and I make fruit smoothies with random blendable fruits and plain yogurt..some times i add whey protien powder from the health food store if im working out that day.. yummy AND nutritiuos! I'm really picky about what i eat/drink these days cuz im busting my behind (literally!) trying to lost some weight. I went to my doc and got on Adipex and am doing strict diet and excersise. So far its working.. went from 195 to 181 in the last 2 weeks.. feeling better already but i stil have a long way to go.. okay well anyways, not sure why i felt the need to bore you all with all that! LOL..

Firebirdvixen

Answer by Firebirdvixen at 6:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009