What version of the bible do you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I use a women's Catholic bible
    Joeytwoponys

Answer by Joeytwoponys at 2:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i have a bilingual bible its english & spanish
    spanish-reina valera
    english-king james version
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have a KJV, NIV, NKJV, Women's Study Bible, Thompson Chain Reference Bible, The Living Bible and numerous Bible study and word study books. I don't just take my study from just one. Although the NIV is the one I bring to church with me and mark notes in - then I go home and pull out the others to study what was spoken about.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• KJV because it's the only english one that was translated from the original...and because I believe that the other translations are watered down alot they change words so much that the meanings of the verses end up changing..I wouldn't honestly trust any other translation...not that I have never read a nkj or niv I would just check the kjv to get the real meaning
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I use the New World Translation as it retains God's personal name. But I like to refer to others aswell. It interests me how scriptures appear in other translations and sometimes if I want to simply quote a scripture it may be put more simply in other Bibles, and vise versa. The same Truth can be learned using any Bible however.
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 7:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• NKJV
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My favorite version for reading is the New American Standard. My favorite version for study is the King James. I also sometimes read in the Amplified Version just for clarification.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• KJV because it's the only english one that was translated from the original...

Me too! I totally agree ilovemyboys21...much love :o)
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 9:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

Actually we don't have any "originals" all we have are copies.  The KJV is translated from a very limited set of Greek texts.  Newer translations are based on a larger collection of texts and are generally believed to be a more accurate translation. 

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I use several different translations - the New American Bible, the Douay-Rheims, New Jeruslem. I also studied biblical Greek so I have some Greek bibles and Greek Concordance that I use.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009