TMI- Have you had a bowel movement that was so constipated it hurt so bad you had to stop?

36w4d- drinking 2 gallons of cranberry juice per week... still really bad. is this normal for right now? i read that most women have very loose stool at this point.

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont know if it is normal or not but i was that way from when i was prego until my son was 3 months old....try some some stool softners
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am 34 wks lol and i am constipated, i have NEVER been constipated so imagine my surprise when i was, and yes it has hurt so much that i stopped lol my dr prescribed some stool softners for me so i hope it works.... Good luck (I believe the name of the stool softner was colice or colace something of that sort try and find it over the counter )
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, I was constipated throughout my pregnancy but right at the end it was really bad. One afternoon it got so bad I had to send my mom to get an enema from the store for me (recommended by my dr). If you're in pain, call your dr.

Answer by missanc at 4:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yes, i got hemmoroids from it during my 2nd pregnancy. try drinking 8-10 cups of water/day. there are 16 cups in a gallon, so drinking 2 gallons of juice (not as good as water) a week works out to about 4-5 cups a day. i would say you're not drinking enough and drink more water (cranberry juice is mostly sugar anyway, so as far as juices go, not the best choice).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• ive never been constipated throughout my pregnancy, but good luck it sounds painful!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 8:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009