Anyone else see todays Dr Phil?

Oh my goodness! What teen girls do these days!

Bingmom

Asked by Bingmom at 3:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes maam! I replied earlier in a teen group about it. I was somewhat shocked! My 14 yo. dd and I watched it together. We had a major discussion about it after the show. Right now, she thinks it's gross. But, she'll be a freshman next year and peer pressure and acceptance can be a nightmare. Like I said in my group, I just hope and pray our open lines of communication have worked all these years.

I was floored about the kids having sex at school dances right on the dance floor. Uhmm....HELLO? Chaperones, parents, teachers, anyone? Makes me not want to send my dd to dances. Not because I don't trust here...but, because of the exposure if it does happen. Raising kids these days seems to be getting harder and harder for some of us parents.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• lol *trust her*
    Loryl

• Oh ya, just posted again, sorry ladies to quick to jump., here is the link read this. WOW

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1323
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 1:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think the open lines are so important! My son is 17 and still has yet to have sex. We have always talked openly about it, just as I have with my daughters. My oldest daughter is 13 and also will be in highschool next year. I feel pretty safe in saying she will not be acting out like those girls.
    All parents should be talking to thier kids about condoms, STD even oral STD. I really think parents should start talking to thier 4 year old about stuff like unwanted touching and having these conversations every 6months or so. Protect your kids from everything by talking.
    I was touched alot by my uncle when I was 7, I never told my parents cause I did not know it was his fault and he was the freak. I thought it was my fault, had I not gone to the store with him, had I not slept with out my door locked, had I not stayed home alone when he was due home soon.
    My parents only talked about sex with me once I got knocked up at 16.
    Anonymous

• Please have the banana and condom talk with your teens!!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009