Atheists...So you guys always want our proof that there is a God...But where is your proof that there isn't one?

K so we are crazy to believe that God exists but wouldn't you be equally as crazy to assume that he doesn't? I mean we are walking in faith believing that He exists and created us all, but aren't you doing the same by believing that He does not exist... I mean you really can't know...so if you have proof that there is no Divine creator that sees knows and created all things...than I really wanna meet you because that would mean you would have to be able to see and know all things to have your proof!!!

ilovemyboys21

Asked by ilovemyboys21 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• haha..I love "debates" like this :-) I admire the poster's courage in putting this question out there, especially on cafemom which seems to be full of atheists and agnostics. The fact of the matter is both belief systems takes faith. It takes just as much faith for an atheist to believe God does not exist than it does for me to believe that He does exist. It takes just as much faith to believe that evolution created the earth as it does for me to believe God created it. (although the evidence of an itelligent designer a.k.a. GOD far outweighs evolutionary beliefs) It will always be a hot, frustrating topic. But the final conclusion is one line of thinking is right, and one line of thinking is wrong and we shall soon see who the winner is :-) I'd recommend some good reading to those really interested: http://www.drdino.com/article-categories.php?c=5

missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 8:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my proof that there is no god is called SCIENCE!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• SCIENCE CANNOT PROVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD...SORRY BUT SCIENCE CAN'T HELP YOU WITH THIS ONE
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• … belief in God is irrational, …This presupposes that it is irrational to believe anything without proof. However, according to the fundamentals of basic logic, allbelief systems start with axioms, which by definition are accepted to be true without proof. This applies to atheism, science, mathematics, and propositional logic itself. And there are also many other propositions in everyday life that people believe without mathematically rigorous proof, e.g. that the sun will rise tomorrow, that a mother loves her child, etc. Therefore it is perfectly logical for Christians to use the propositions of Scripture as axioms. This is our bottom line—although the above arguments for God’s existence can be helpful, we believe that the Scriptures are their own authority. We do not ultimately try to prove the Bible with science, for that would place science in authority. http://creation.com/atheism-is-more-rational
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't call you crazy for your belief, but I would like to point out that you do not prove a negative. That would be like asking you to prove Zeus does not exists, or that Santa does not exist. Or any number of things.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I just do not see how it is idiotic for me to believe in an intelligent designer(God) I look at it like this. Design takes intelligence, does a bike just pop out of thin air and over millions of years does it evolve into a motorcycle? And millions of years later you get a car? And so on lol. No it took intelligent designers(men) to design and build these vehicles. You may think it is crazy for me to believe that thousands of years ago a creator(God) created the Heavens and the Earth (the universe) in six days. For me it's crazy to believe that millions of years ago this world just popped into existence with abang and that our anscestors evolved from monkeys or apes. cont
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• For me I don't need proof to know God is real I have faith and that is all that I need I believe that God's love by sending his only son to die for our sins is proof enough... BUT AGAIN WHERE IS YOUR ACTUAL PHYSICAL/SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT THERE IS NO GOD? IF WE NEED ACTUAL PHYSICAL PROOF... SHOULDN'T YOU?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm Agnostic, and OP's question makes alot of sense. both belief systems should have proof of their beliefs. I don't know if there is or isn't a God. So I just leave it at that. I neither confirm nor deny the existence of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• sorry accidentally hit anon button I am the pp at 4:18 am
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

The point that I am trying to prove is that, contrary to what most atheists believe... there is really no scientific/physical proof that God does not exist... there is scientific and physical proof of events in the Bible and prophecies that have come to pass... so if there is scientific/physical proof of events in the Bible which is God's word which has no idle words in it...wouldn't that be more proof than... I say there is no God w/o any proof and... evolution is not proof that he does not exist either... even though evolutionary science (the atheist's bible) is an atheist's way of trying to prove that there is no God it still can't prove that He does not exist
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 6:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009