swine flu

Ok so dh and I were talking and he wants to get dd the swine flu vaccine she is 3 years old. I am concerned because I do not think enough research has been done as to the long term side effects of the vaccine..I am worried. Will you get your kids the swine flu vaccine? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NO WAY IN HELLO WILL MY KIDS GET THAT VACCINE... IT IS WAY DEADLIER THAN THE SF ITSELF... GIVE YOUR DAUGHTER VITAMIN D MY 9MO TAKES 1000 IU A DAY MY 5 YO takes 6000IU EVERY OTHER DAY AND I A BFING MOTHER TAKES 10,000IU A DAY OTHER ADULTS SHOULD 6000 EVERYDAY... VITAMIN D IS A NATURAL FLU FIGHTER AND IS EFFECTIVE AGAINST THE SF AND H1N1 GO TO www.homefirst.com AND www.cqs.com PLEASE STUDY UP ON THE VACCINE EVEN YOUTUBE HAS SOME VERY INTERESTING VIDEOS ABOUT THIS MATTER...IT'S THE LEAST YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR LO BEFORE YOU INJECT THAT MESS INTO HER LIL ARM...GOOD LUCK
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Tamiflu Drug, Flu Vaccine Dangerous Side Effects - Flu Pandemic Shocking DiscoveryThe FDA has been reviewing reports of abnormal behavior and other brain effects in more than 1,800 children who had taken the flu medicine Tamiflu. The symptoms have included convulsions, delirium or delusions, and in Japan, five deaths have been reported in children under 16 as a result of neurological or psychiatric problems.There have also been nine deaths among older teens and adults, attributed to neuropsychiatric problems or brain infections. cont.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg MD -"Swine flu is not very different from normal flu. On the contrary if you look at the number of cases it is nothing compared to a normal flu outbreak.” Swine Flu Vaccination Poses Serious Threat to Your Health. According to a recent Fox News poll, the majority of people in the US now believe the swine flu vaccine may be deadlier than the actual virus. Research published in the August 25, 2009  issue of the British Medical Journal reveals that more than half of doctors and nurses in public hospitals would also refuse the H1N1 vaccine, due to concerns about side effects and doubts about its efficacy. www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• SORRY I KNOW I POSTED A TON OF STUFF JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU SOME EXTRA INFO :o)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• NO they will not and i will not either. I am very much for vaxing,but theres no way in hell i would get a shot that has been mass produced in two months. They say they have researched it ,but I dont see how being they just finished the shot. I have heard reports of neurlogical problems from some people it has been tested on also. You dont know what that shot will do. In the seventies they had a wine flu shot that killed more than the swine flu did. I have had many nurses tell me not to get it.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Most reports on people who have actually contracted swine flu are saying that they recover just fine when taken care of properly (rest, hydration, etc.). I don't see any reason to get the vax. DS is home today with flu like symptoms (although they seem very mild so far). I have seen him sick with a virus that knocked him down way worse than this one so far.

I also have a neighbor that is a Pediatrician that works in the neonatal ward at a big hospital here and she isn't getting the swine flu vax for herself or her son, saying that what they have seen is very much like the seasonal flu (milder even) and there is no need for a vax, just good mindful hygiene.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Nope. No way in hell is any one of us getting the swine flu vax. Waste of money, waste of time.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• SO far, I have yet to find anything numbers or information on pediatric studies for this vaccine. They say that they are "still testing".....really? Then why are we giving it if we don't know anything yet???

That doesn't make sense. They are not going to use my kids or myself to try out this vaccine. No way. I read that they have tested it on "hundreds" of adults so far.....well, our government has ordered some 250 million vaccines-that is a drop in the bucket for me! Hundreds compared to millions????

We won't be getting it.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I vax, but don't normally get flu shots for our family. I won't be getting them this year either.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm not getting any flu shots, never did and won't start now. This swine flu even though there have been some deaths in people with compromised health, is a mild flu. yes teh flu can kill, any flu can kill but if you or your child are healthy the odds are it will be a few days of misery for both of you and then they will have direct immunity. Take proper precautions and there is a good chance your daughter won't get it anyway.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2009