My son is 10 days old and this is my first time nursing... i couldnt with my last.. sometimes after he eats my breasts still feel full... even if he eats for 20 mins.. does that mean hes not getting enough or that im just making alot of milk?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 10 days- your milk is in full blown that means that you are producing much more than what he can eat...either you have to wait until your body adjusts to what he needs or you pump it off for a stock for later.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Ditto
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• This is normal. Your body is still in overdrive, and with time, your breasts will begin to feel normal again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Some of that fullness may also actually be swelling that has not gone down yet from the preg. & birth.
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 9:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies. Also, look at it like this - is your baby wetting diapers? Does he seem satisfied after he's done? If so, then trust me, he's getting enough.

There might come a point where he hits a growth spurt / your milk supply seems to be less than he's wanting. All that's going to mean is that for 2, maybe 3 days, he's going to nurse more often, which will stimulate your milk supply so that you make more, and then it will balance out again.

But as long as he's wetting his diapers, he's getting enough. btw - breast fed babies also don't poop as much, because their bodies absorb more of the milk, so there's less waste to come out, so don't be concerned if you notice that there's less messy diapers.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2009