How can I encourage my son to listen to his teacher?

We are having HUGE problems with our 5 year old & listening & participating!! He is going to start kindergarten this year & I am afraid they will hold him back because he won't listen or participate!! We are trying to teach him his alphabet & numbers and such in a packet the school sent home...but he refuses to even try. We tried taking him to vacation bible school....but he wanders away from his class, won't do what he's told, refuses to get up and go with his class when he doesn't want to...and when he gets mad he yells and screams at anyone and then refuses to answer their questions...he just screams!! He is almost 6...what can we do???

ndragonfly

Asked by ndragonfly at 9:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i think thats up to the teacher. he needs one thats firm with him. thats what my son needed and did great. he is 5 also and finished kindergarten this year. hes going into first now. he's teacher didn't take any of his crap and he really progressed. make sure you tell his new teacher what your going through and they should be able to fix that for you. good luck through the summer.
    cusina48

Answer by cusina48 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2008