What in your opinion is the best form of bc?

I was on the Depo shot for a few years before I got pregnant. After I have my daughter I'm thinking of trying something different.

KayLundy3

Asked by KayLundy3 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• A diaphragm. They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you're finished having children then a tubaligation or your SO/Hubby could have a vasectomy. IMO it's better than all the synthetic hormones and strange devices. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Mirena IUD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If I were you I would not get an IUD. I was told that was the cause of my cyst which caused me to have a hysterectomy. I dont think they r safe. Just my opinion though.
    wifey2006

Answer by wifey2006 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have had a mirena iud in place for just over a year and I love it. I am the type of person that never reacted well to the pill, the shot, etc. but the mirena is this first bc that I have taken that has actually allowed me to lose weight and I have have zero side effects with it either.

The most important factor is chosing what is right for YOU. Every woman is different and reacts to things differently. Just do all your homework on the products you are pondering and make pros and cons lists of each, that should help.

Good luck.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was on the pill for years, and then after my last child had my tubes tied. I like not worrying about birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was on the patch for a few years, and I loved it, but now I hear it's not safe. I guess I got lucky. It was the best one for me. Pills have too many side effects. Depo gave me serious acne. My friend had good prevention with the diaphragm (no pregnancies.) My tubes are tied now and that's really the best, in my opinion.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was on several different pills to control cysts I would get on my ovaries. I was also on pills when I conceived my child. I will not go back to pills. i decided on mirena and IUD. I've had it in for about a year and no problems, no worries. I know i'm covered for five years or less if thats what I decide. It is true that it really depends on the person. What works for one might not for another. You kinda have to just chose and see what happens. It sucks. Took me some time to decide too.
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 9:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i meant to say an IUD not and IUD
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 9:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was on pills, shots, spermicides, the implants that go under your arm etc.. They all caused some sort of problem or pain in the ass. After the birth of my 3rd, I had my tubed tied well more like burned and a section removed LOL.. I really enjoy not worrying about BC... The first day of my period is rough but other than that I have had not issues and it has been almost 8 years.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009