Block Porn Sites On Comp?

Is there any way to block all porn sites on my computer? And what about on a cell phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A free service you can use on the computer is called K9 web protection the web site is: http://www1.k9webprotection.com/. You can block pretty much anything you want and make your computer "bark" when someone tries to access a site in the blocked category, or you can just have it pop up and ask for a password if you want to access the site. It also logs the times/dates of any sites visited or any sites someone attempted to visit. I don't know any places for phone security though sorry!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• On computer, the only way is to set the content advisor....In IE go to Tools, then Options, then Content, Enable content advisor and set the level that you want...If it has the option of a password, set it. If not, you will need to make an administrator login and a generic login to the computer itsself and set all controls thru the admin account and password protect the admin account and only allow general access thru the non-password protected general account.

As for the phone, unless it has parental controls on it, no...if it does, you can do that thru your phone service carrier...

If this is your spouse/so, I strongly urge you to talk about it rather than 'parent' them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I pay for a service called bsecure. It is an online filter system that charges a small yearly fee but surely worth it! We use it on all of our computers. I am not sure about cell phones though. Here is the link http://www.bsecure.com/

missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Here is a link to some things that might help you block porn.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I second the K9 program- it works great, and its free. We use it.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 1:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009