Is this ok??

I don't know if i'm overreacting or not here....
My ds is 14months old. Yesterday he ate two whole bananas over a period of 4-6hours. This morning when he pooped i got concerned.
His poo was kinda hard, but there was little bits of red stuff through it. I don't want to say it was blood cause it looked more like bloody boogers.
Also there was little balls of poo that were soft on the inside but looked dry on the inside. Any advice, or ideas what this means??

MomCakes

Asked by MomCakes at 9:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bananas are designed to 'stiffen' up poop...when you get the runs, it is what they recommend. Cut back to only 1 banana and see if that helps, As for the red...did he eat anything red yesterday...anything that he found on the floor?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• No nothing red at all.
    Not to sound gross but it seriously looked like bloody boogers. Ya know when your nose get irritated and you blow it and there is sometimes red stuff in there?? It looked like that
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 9:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• has your son eaten any tomatoes, strawberries, beets, red food coloring, or carrots in the past 3-4 days. I would say that the red is probably from a food that your child ate, but if you are worried, it never hurts to call the doctor.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• maybe it was a little blood from the hard poo? I'd check his butt (not to sound wierd) but just to make sure him pooping didn't irritate his poo area.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would probably call his pediatrician if it were me :) Just to be sure!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Carrots would do it, if he didn't have those, I would call doc.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009