If my daughter can't attend a birthday party for a classmate should I send a present anyway? I don't believe they are good friends.

School rule invite1/invite all. Last year about 10 kids out of the 25 showed. 2 who did not attend sent presents. This seems a bit much unless the child is a special friend.

mardigras11

Asked by mardigras11 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i wouldnt send one if she is not going.... maybe a card saying happy bday but thats it
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• No. I never do, anyways. And for that matter, none of Ben's classmates ever show up to his parties and never send gifts... His Bday is in the summer, though.
    tatum-n-benny

Answer by tatum-n-benny at 9:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• no i wouldn't, maybe a card
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I always send a gift if we're invited. Maybe I'm the odd woman out here.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• No, theyre not good friends, whats the point?
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'd at least get a card but if their not really friends and was only invited cause it was school policy no present.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think I'd send a card.....maybe with a few stickers or something that fits into the envelope.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Maybe a card with 10 dollars in it--the mom will think pretty highly of you, and it is nice to acknowledge the invite, I would send it to the home! Just food for thought, the birthday party thing is out of control, my DS has been invited to like 20 this year, and half of them he doesn't play with that much, I remember just being able to have a few close friends!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would send a little something. It'll put a smile on the kids face.
    DoriNYC

Answer by DoriNYC at 10:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would not send a present.
    Anonymous