My stomach is huge, I mean really, really hanging fat!

Is there any real ways of getting rid of the fat on my stomach it is ugly and hanging down. Exercise is not doing it. Will a real low calorie diet do it! I do not have money for liposuction or else it would be done already.

LindaJacobs

Asked by LindaJacobs at 10:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• u find out let me know lol i wish i could get this gone away also...have tried everything that i can afford
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you were overly large and lost weight, what you are seeing may be excess skin...the only way to get rid of it is surgery
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Wow. Thanks for your candor. Not many women would be so quick to admit such a thing. I've heard that eating alvacado or a small piece of dark chocolate with every meal will help to loose fat along the waistline. It has something to do with the antioxidants I believe.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• OK lowencope, Chocolate with every meal? I'm going to try that. My stomach is terrible. I feel extremely uncomfortable about it. Its like the only place I gain weight
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• mine is from being preg i was really big and now i am at my biggest im tring it too.
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The fat.....diet and exercise, the loose skin that hangs down, surgery. At least as far as I know. I also gain the weight in my tummy, and have finally after nearly 18 years started losing weight. (My youngest is almost 18!) I've been eating very healthy and exercising, and lost 22 pounds so far, but the loose part that hangs down.....wow that sounds so gross....is really getting worse not better. Hubby says we will find a way to pay for a tummy tuck!!! I hope so....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You need to try Gilad on TV and use a pilates workout as well with a low calorie diet. Cardio will burn the fat and pilates is a inner core workout for your stomach. Now it's not going to take over night either. Look up site on DVD's on with pilates has to offer. Trust me I used both of the workouts and lost that skin thingy.... It took a good 6 months to have my true abs back. Tummy tuck is the easy way out....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It depends upon the amount of weight needing to be lost. If we are talking 100+ pounds, the only way to get rid of the hanging skin would be surgery. But liposuction would not do it. When a significant amount of weight is lost, the hanging is skin that has been overstretched. That type of surgery is called pannulectomy and is crazy expensive.
    Anonymous

• Girl, I eat lots of avocado's on everything... I stil look pregnant~ :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• When you find a way let me know! I have the 'apron' too. Wasn't as bad til after I had my daughter 14 mo. ago! I've only lost 10 lbs since having her and need to get the weight off NOW!!! Just need some motivation, don't have time or $$ or daycare to go to the gym, have an elliptical, and JM 30 day shred. How about us with the 'aprons' do this together! PM me if you're interested!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2009