Single moms.... How much money do you make a week?

I am a single mom and I am also a stripper. I'm also a college student. I desperately want to quit my job and get a regular job but I'm afraid I won't be able to afford it and I don't want to live off the state. Right now I average $1500 a week. How many kids do you have and how much do you net a week? Do you have a lot of bills or money saving advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• well going to school and a dancer how much longer in school do u have r u qualified enough for a better job? bc to be honest ur not going to make that much any where else...maybe do it for a little longer and save ur money so u have it or do it longer until u r done with school....good luck girl
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You are making more than a lot of people with college degrees, especially new graduates (I graduated 8 years ago and I am just now making about what you are making). If you want to quit you may want to save up as much money as you can and really cut back your living expenses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have 17 more months of school left. I'm not stoked to do what I do, like everyone else I want a job I can be proud of and tell my parents what I do. But I am doing what I have to do to make it. I work 3-4 days a week and if my kids are sick I can stay home with them without worrying about getting in trouble at work. It just feels like I'm leading a double life. Here I am on the PTO and a volunteer at my kids school and then I have this "big secret". I guess I need to just suck it up and keep doing it for now but I just want out so badly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I make $1030 every 2 weeks. I work in an office. It is a salary job so it comes out to 16.50/hr then they take out taxes. I live a simple/cozy life in a small home. I cook alot of our food and watch how much air/heat I use. No home phone only a cell and other things to be able to make it. I only have 1 dd and we do fairly well but my car is paid off and my mom does after school child care so that helps. Summers are harder when I have to pay child care but I like my job and my dd comes and hangs out at the office some. It is close to home and hrs are somewhat flexible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• When i was working i think the most i made, not going to school, just working was about $1000.00 a month, in a good month. That had to buy my rent, food, gas, clothes, everything. So, im jealous your making more than that a week.
    :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am a commercial land owner. My dad left me land in Southern California he was told it was worthless but in time it has become valuable. LA has spread out and now the land I owned is very expensive and I have sold many parcels and leased many others. My daddy paid 100k for the land I make about 100k a month on just one parcel that sits under a Walmart. I thankfully had a prenupt so when my ex left he got nothing. I have 2 children and life is pretty good.

You are doing what I did in someways. You have an asset (your body) and you are marketing it right and making money using that asset. You are not doing anything wrong and are putting money on the table for your kids. I was a stripper when younger too and never felt any guilt for it and never hid what I did. If someone was angry I was paying my bills and providing very well for my family they were not someone that loved me and could stay away. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My only advice is to claim all of your tips on your taxes and have a professional do them because years down the road this can really bite you in the butt! It happened to a friend of mine and she had to hire a lawyer and still pay extra taxes. Not to mention the stress, wasted time and bad reputation it caused.
    Anonymous

• My advice. Keep the crap job for another year. Get rid of ALL expenses you don't need. Change your lifestyle. If you are renting or own a really expensive house get one that costs half. Get a three in one plan for cable/phone/internet. Get a less expensive car. Do everything you can to get rid of expensives and put as much as you possibly can in a high interest savings account. When you are work do your best to make the most money possible and don't do any drugs or drink. You'll see the money start piling up and you'll be able to quit.
    Anonymous

• You must be some high end stripper.... most make less than $500 a night. Who watches the kids? There is something no right on this post.
    Anonymous