Please no bashing.

My son is going to be 9 months soon and he was circumcised but 2 months later I realized that he was no anymore. I kept asking his pedi what can/should I do and she keeps telling me to keep pulling his foreskin down everyday and it will stay that way but its not working. My question is do you think its to late to get it re-done? I m scared of him getting it again this late but I want it done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• personally, i have left that decision strictly up to my husband since he's the one with similar parts. whether it's our male dog getting fixed or our son about to be born getting circumsized, i leave it to him.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 7:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• He was circumcised but isn't any longer? the skin doesn't grow back...maybe I am just misunderstanding.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Even if he wasn't circumcised you don't need to pull it down. Just leave it alone. One surgery was botched. You want to risk another surgery! Wait until he is a teen or adult and he can decide what to do at that time. It's rare for a man to choose to have the surgery.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My son had to get it done twice. Take him to another pediatrician and get a secont oppinion. There is going to be a little bit of skin until he gets bigger though. We pulled the skin back and kept putting A & D ointment on it and now that he's almost 4 it looks normal.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't get it done again. Just because it doesn't "look" circ'd doesn't mean he isn't... it didn't grow back. If you do it again you risk having too much skin removed with can make it so when he's older he can't have a full erection.
    Just leave it alone... as he gets older it will be fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• He was when he was born. I think what happened was the nurse who brought him in said not to mess with his penise so it can heal but she pulled his skin up and said " this is what you cant do" I didn't think much of it until really a month in a half later i didn't see his "head" and i took him to his check-up and I asked the nurse dose he look un-circumcised, she said yes he is not. I pulled his skin down and I said he was. She said "oh now I can tell"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• DO NOT WAIT TILL HE IS AN ADULT/TEEN! OMG! If you really want him to have this do it now, the older the get the more pain it will cause him. I personally decided not to get it done on my son. If you are clean, and know how to take care of your kids you do not need to get it done to start with. My son is 17 and never has had an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Don't make him wait until he's older wheter youre clean or not, we all know that boys arent the cleanest people in the world. An uncircumsized penis is just gross. Take him to anther pedatrician and get it done again if neccesary.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes jademom...actually it CAN grow back.if not taken care of properly...its not hard to do but docs dont tell mothers what to do in the months after circumcision....the skin can start to get stuck and blood vessels start to fuse back together although not always... my sons was starting to do this, and all it takes is pulling the skin up every couple days and putting vaseline on the area if you notice this.
    and i just love how people compare the entire population of ppl to their one child. Just because your son is 17 and never had issues not having it done means absolutely nothing to anyone else. And vice versa. Who would base a decision off of one person. An idiot that is who.
    hope this helps
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I went through similar problems with my oldest son. We originally didn't get him circumcised, didn't have any problems for the longest time. But, when he was about 2, I went to take him for his morning potty first thing and his little peeper was so swollen it looked like it was going to explode! We ran to the ER and he'd managed to get some bacteria down in there even with our taking care of the area properly. He ended up having the surgery within a week or so after the antibiotics took care of the infection. He was sore for several days and his poor little thingy looked like someone had whacked it with a hammer, but we've never had another problem. He just turned 14 in April. Automatically had 2nd son done at birth and have never had any issues. I really don't think there's a too early or too late time to have it done.
    Momof4whomebiz

Answer by Momof4whomebiz at 10:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2009