35 weeks, leaked through pants .... ???

5 days ago, the day I had my shower, I thought I was gonna have to go to the hospital!!
until I realized if it actually was my water, I would know definitely it!! lol

I was walking around talking to the guests and I felt a slow "gush" just like when you first get your period. (sorry to be gross)
So I went upstairs to the bathroom and my underwear was soaked, and I had a spot of wetness on the outside of my jeans! I went to my doctor and saw the assistant because the doctor wasnt there.. she said that it's normal, but did'nt explain what it was..she wasnt too helpful..

I am just curious as to what that is.. if anybody can help me out that'd be great! =)

xohcannizzo

Asked by xohcannizzo at 10:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did it have an odor? A sweet smell would be amniotic fluid and it shouldn't be cloudy...other than that it's probably just discharge or you peed your pant, which happens when you are that far along...baby moves and puts just enough pressure that you can't stop it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You probably wet your pants. When you are that far along it can happen just because of the pressure of the baby on your bladder. It happened to me and my sister. Dont worry it is normal. Just carry spare bottoms with you. :)
    mrs_mac3

Answer by mrs_mac3 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• There are only two things it could be - pee or amniotic fluid. Since they weren't concerned it must have been pee.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If your water had broken (really popped, not just leaked) You would have been wet to your ankles. And if your assistant thought you were leaking, she would have done something like admitted you to the hospital or done an ultrasound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009