Is being called a white, skinny b...... rases???

My daughter is minority in her school, it is alot of diffrent races main hispanic, which is fine with her, but yesterday she was called a white, skinny b...., by one of the boys, what do you consider that? I went in the receptionist had the gald to tell me how can it be races, if she is white. Mind you she is white. Can people get any stupider, or is it me???

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is racist. When people point out your race and use it in a name calling term-that is exactly what it is meant to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think that white people do suffer reverse discrimination. I'm starting to see a shift in racism itself. It seems as if in every race there is racism against another race. White people are starting to be discriminated against more than ever before. There are clubs strictly for blacks, and latinos, but whites are not aloud to have such organizations. Minorities have a better chance of admission into college and a better shot at scholarships. Being a "white male" is becoming less and less beneficial.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Racist, not races. Gall, not gald.

Anybody can be the target of racism.
    Anonymous

• I think it was racist. I would report the receptionist to whoever she answers to. I'm black and I'd report it if it happened to my child, what makes you any different? Pointing out anyones race in a negative manner is racist and should not be tolerated. if you let it go, you are not bieng a good example to your daughter. The person who said it should be disciplined. ANON @ 10:48, sounds like a racist by taking it too far and ANON spell check is just bieng petty. It is racist. go back to that school and let them know your child is a person too and she shouldn't have to deal with that.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• boo frickity hoo. white people are finally starting to feel what all other minorities went through for hundreds of years

So that makes it ok?? What the hell is wrong with you? Racism is hate and there is no one that is  right for hating someone because of their race. My children NEVER belittled anyone for their race and there is no reason they should be "punished" because of choices people made before they were ever even born. I've never be racist towards anyone and I deserve that same respect...even if I am *gasp* white.

People are people. We all bleed red and we all have feelings. It's people like you that want to keep the hatred going and I feel sorry for you and your children. I can't imagine living live thinking the way you do and especially teaching little impressionable children that it's ok to hate anyone based on their skin. Shame on you.

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• anon 9:57, no whites have always had racist crap thrown at them but NOW it's just being realized, make a movie called "black chicks" with 2 white dude immitating the streotypical blac lady with grasy hair and fried chicken and that would be racist but "white chicks" isn;t that's bull shit things like that to me are racsist but it's okay b/c it's making fun of whites? thank you for proving your ignorance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes its racist, its hatred agains color of the skin, I would see to it that something be done.

To ANON :57, you speak like a true racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yes it's racist

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• When she has derogatory name equal to ni**er

I've never used that word but I'm curious why some black people call each other that all the time and then say it's such a horrible word to be used. If it's so horrible why do they embrace that towards each other??

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• munch, did I say I hate white people? No, I said I hate it when SOME white people start whining about how hard it is to be white these days when they know nothing about suffering from racism. Most of them anyway. And most of the complaining isn't about real pain. Shoot, I have very close friends who are white. I don't teach my kids to hate anybody, thanks for the concern though. All I'm saying is if someone called me by my race, even if they called me a bitch in the same sentence, I'd probably laugh and say "very observant of you." Sorry but I don't pull the race card at every turn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2009