I'm new to my area a stay at home Mom and Lonely as hell! Money is tight any suggestions to get to meet people?

I just moved where I am now and I don't know a soul! My BF works every day except Sunday and is gone long hours. I feel frustrated and I tried joining a mom's group they took my e mail and have not gotten back to me. I am wondering if I should start my own group? ughhh

colleennmyabean

Asked by colleennmyabean at 10:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• You may be able to find a group on here that has mom's in your area. Another way is to get involved in a Moms Meetup in your area. I also recommend church. A nice place to meet people.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You could go to the MOMS tab above and do a CM search for moms in your area. You moms could be friends or have the kids play together. They may also be able to tell you what the community offers you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Go to your local library for story time. Your kid(s) will love it first and you can meet moms. Win win!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• maybe their is MOPS in your area. Mothers of preschoolers. They are usually at a church I think but Ive heard great things about these groups.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• There might be info about groups on craigslist
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Library, parks. I don't know about starting a group.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Thanks ladies... no matter what I can count on you :) haha
    colleennmyabean

Answer by colleennmyabean at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Try calling the school and find out about, early childhood family education they have play groups for parents and children.
    One thing my 1st husband did when we moved to a small town was, he met some women and invited them over, then after the first meeting we started having girls night out!

My BIL meets people at his job and invites guys over with their wives. My sister had made alot of friends this way. For me as a sahm I meet people by volunteering on Saturday's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2009