When you're driving down the road and there is a funeral procession behind you...

with a police escort, are you supposed to pull over or slow down? Or do you keep driving and just move over to the next lane? This happened to me this morning and i was unsure of what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always pull over. Some places I think that is the law, not sure though. Its just respectful.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If there is another lane ... just switch and let them have the lane theyre in
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i'd stay there & go the speed limit, they're not going fast so you're not in the way lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Here in Texas, as a general rule, people pull over and turn their headlights on as a sign of respect.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I pull over. I happen to live near a funeral home, so this happens often to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I say "Lord, I know you love me but I'm really not ready to go just yet so let me turn off of this road and hope they pass me by"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Funeral processions drive so slowly here you really don't have to pull over. They don't keep up with traffic going the legal speed limit. Now if they are coming through an intersetion and the light is green for you, they keep coming and we all sit and wait for them to pass. I don't feel the need to pull over...but I am never disrespectful and I would pull over if the situation warranted.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• This is the VA state law that I just looked up:

• Do not cut through, join, or interfere with a funeral procession. You must yield the right-of-way to the procession.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009