When your period came for the first time AFTER you had your baby...

was it different than it used to be, pre-pregnancy? I have heard some people say that they didn't have cramps like they did before, and stuff. Is it also possible that it doesn't last as long as it used to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the very first perios after baby was horrible, it lasted 12 days and was heavy like post partum bleeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I always had heavy periods and still have them. The biggest difference for me was I never used to get blood clots and now I get them and they can get up to the size of a dime. I cramp a bit more when I have those but overall it has lightened some, or should I say the 3-4 days at the end where it was fairly slow, but still going have gone away, I flow heavy then stop.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My period came within the first month, like it was before getting pregnant. I was surprised because I thought that breastfeeding delayed fertility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• LOL.. I didnt' get one until 11 months later ! had another baby ! Seriously, I think they got a little worse after the kids, but now that I'm pushing 40, they are monsters !
    lajoie4ever

Answer by lajoie4ever at 11:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, after my first child I started having horrible cramps along with my periods. Then after my second child I went back to how my pre-pregnancy symptoms were. Our bodies are so weird. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• mine is shorter and lighter and my son is 2 years old. i started it again when he was 8 months old.

before i got pregnant, it was about 5 days long, and i guess regular flow with heavy the first day or 2. now it is about 4 days long, heavy on the first day but the other 3 days i really just need a panty liner just in case. so really it's almost like it's just 1 day long!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009