Can men get postnatal depression?

My son is 5 weeks old now, at 3 weeks my husband dropped him. He was checked out and everything and was consequently fine. Ever since then my husband cries alot, won't touch the baby and has deicded that our son would be better off without him...does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried asking him to go to the doctors but he refuses and he gets upset if I suggest telling anyone about this so I'm asking you ladies! Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• Yes they can!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Maybe I am a bad person, but I would ignore it like nothing is wrong and in the next few days find an errand that "has" to be run right then, and you have to run it, time it with baby waking up/needing a diaper or to be held and leave him there alone with he child. Chances are once he figures out he isn't going to break the baby, he will pull it together. But yes, men can get it too.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2009